Have you been wondering why you can not seem to build muscle? Do you think it is something to do with the exercises you have chosen for your workout?
The reason you are not building muscle is because you have been doing isolation exercises all this time. Isolation exercises move your body through a single joint movement or are using one muscle group. These are exercises that are using the least amount of muscles.
Examples of these exercises that are going to produce small results for muscle building:
– Tricep Kickback
– Bicep Curl
– Calf Raises
– Cable Crossovers
– Shoulder lateral raises
– Leg Extentions
– Hamstring Curls
Notice these are the exercises that you have been lifting the least amount of weight for. If you are serious about building muscle then cut out these waste of time exercises from your workout.
Your workout should contain compound exercises if your looking to build muscle. Compound exercises are multi-joint exercises which are using multiple muscle groups.
GREAT muscle building exercises include:
Exercises (Muscles worked)
– Chest Press (triceps, chest, shoulders)
– Squats (back, arms, gluts, hamstrings, quadriceps, calves, traps, shoulders, core muscles)
– Deadlifts (back, arms, gluts, hamstrings, quadriceps, calves, traps, shoulders, core muscles)
– Pull downs or chin ups (arms, back)
– Dips (triceps, chest, shoulders)
– Clean and Press (back, arms, gluts, hamstrings, calves, traps, shoulders)
– Shoulder Presses (shoulders, arms)
– Weighted Lunges (hamstrings, calves, quadriceps, arms, core muscles, traps)
– Weighted Step-ups (hamstrings, calves, quadriceps, arms, core muscles, traps)
In addition to building more muscle these exercises will also help burn more calories, decrease your risk of injury, build strength, improve co-ordination and keep your heart rate up during your workout.
- Body Building | 6 Great Exercises For Bodybuilding When many people start bodybuilding, they do exercises that are...
- Workout | Muscle Gain Workout Program-compound Exercises Are The Key To Muscle Gain Compound exercises with free weights are the true and only...
- Workout | Compound Vs Isolation Exercises Your workout can only be as effective as the exercises...
- Muscle Building | The Range Of Weight Training Exercises The following weight training exercises are basic to any exercise...
- A Few Basic Points About Bodybuilding Anatomy And Exercises It is very important for those of us who are...