The only real way to work out the chest is through compound free weight exercises. People may argue that chest fly machine would be a good chest exercise. Don’t get me wrong it is a good exercise but it is not the best compound chest exercise.
The push ups – Yes people, the simplest form exercise is the number one. Push ups uses your body weight as a resistant. You can virtually do this compound exercise anywhere all you need a surface. The push can be modified to a incline push up ie: hands on a bench, to make it easier. Or a decline, where your feet is on the bench, this will make the exercise much harder.
Flat Barbell Bench Press – Just like the push ups but with weighted plates. This is the next progression from a push up. Once push ups becomes to easy were you can 30 or more repetition you must do this exercise. In order for your chest to grow bigger and more defined the chest muscle must feel more resistant.
Dumbbell Flat Press – The main difference between this exercise and the flat barbell bench press is that each hand will operate independently from each other. This will make your muscle more balanced. It will also require more core due to each hand having to balance the weight.
Incline Barbell Bench Press – The angle will make a big difference on how it work your chest muscle. The incline angle will focus more on your “upper” pectorals. This exercise will give you that “Big Chest Look”
Incline Dumbbell Press – The next progression to incline barbell press. It will require the same things that a dumbbell flat press would.
That is the top 5 compound exercises.
About the Author:
I am a Certified Personal Trainer and owner of Result Driven Fitness in San Leandro CA. I’ve helped countless men and women achieve their fitness goals.
To find out more about great chest workout routines and effective ways to lose weight check out my blog
- Muscle Building | How To Build Chest Muscles – 2 Simple Routines For Building Huge Pecs Fast There hasn’t been a bodybuilder alive who did not want...
- Muscle Building | How To Build Bigger Chest Muscles There can be many reasons for wanting a great looking...
- Workout | How To Lose Fat Efficiently – Top 3 Body Weight Routine Exercises For Your Legs These is the first part of my top three body...
- The 5 Best Bodyweight Exercises for Building Big, Muscular Arms I’ve read several articles in which some self-proclaimed fitness “guru”...
- Workout | How To Lose Fat Efficiently – Top 3 Body Weight Routine Exercises For Your Abs These are my top three body weight routine exercises for...