Weight training is the art of working out in order to develop shape and size of your muscles. It is very effective in increasing physical strength, losing fat fast and also in changing the shape of your body if done correctly. For the best results, it is good to combine it with other forms of exercise such as aerobics or cardio. It can be done in the house using basic equipment or you can visit a gym where there are professionals to help you. This form of training requires someone dedicated to sticking to a routine in order for it to be effective.
It is very crucial to do warm up your body before weight training. This is because, it will help in reducing your chances of developing injuries. It also prevents one from getting sore, increases flexibility and increases the level of performance during sessions. The stretching does not have to be done for long periods of time, a few minutes are adequate. You can also do a lighter version of the exercises you intend to do in order to warm up. Stretching should also be done after you finish your training session so as to allow the body to cool down.
When one is performing stretches, they should focus on the muscles that they intend to work out during that session. You should not hold your breath or stretch a paining muscle. Stretching movements should also be done slowly, avoiding jerking or any fast movements, as this could result in injuries. You can also use weights when stretching. There are a variety of stretches that you can use which target the various muscles in the body.
Examples of these include;
• The angled legged press, which is used for people who are unable to do normal squats.
• Rolling the neck, which helps in stretching and reducing tension in the neck area.
• Hamstring stretches, which help in increasing the flexibility of the legs.
• All types of bends, that is side and forward twists.
• Upper and lower back stretches for the back muscles.
• Dips, which help in stretching the arm muscles.
• Simple push-ups are important for the chest, shoulders and arms.
• Abdominal stretches and sit ups are helpful for the stomach muscles.
After performing these for the correct duration of time and for the relevant muscles, one can go ahead and begin their training session comfortably. This is because, the body is well prepared to cope.
About the Author:
Peter Gitundu Creates Interesting And Thought Provoking Content on Weight Management. For More Information, Read More Of His Articles Here RESISTANCE WEIGHT TRAINING If You Enjoyed This Article, Make Sure You Read My Most Recent Posts Here LIFTING WEIGHTS
- Body Building | Weight Training Body Building – 3 Types Of Bodybuilding Strength Training Routines Weight Training Body Building There are three basic types of...
- How to Get Muscle Fast: 1 Important Factor to Start any Weight Training Routine In any training routine, there are basic rules that are...
- Muscle Building | The Range Of Weight Training Exercises The following weight training exercises are basic to any exercise...
- Workout | Strength Training Exercises For Beginners There is lot of benefit associated with strength training. You...
- Women Weight Training Weight training is not used exclusively for building muscles, and...