Are you ready? It’s Whole body training!
Researchers from the University of Connecticut found that increased testosterone levels occurred more with whole body exercise than isolated lower body exercise. Now while this new university study has proven that whole body training increases testosterone and androgen receptor activity; this (quite frankly) should be news to no one! In fact Bill Pearl recommended doing full body routines for increased testosterone levels roughly 50 years ago!
Now the point’s we are making here are simple:
1) That by performing an INTENSE, whole body weight training routine trainees can greatly increase testosterone levels;and
2) Muscle mass increases are in direct proportion to the blood levels of testosterone.
The intense workload elevates testosterone levels and increases androgen receptor activity during the workout’s recovery period, which in turn increases protein synthesis and creates explosive muscle fiber growth. An intense, whole body exercise program triggers increased muscle tension,increased testosterone,and increased androgen receptor activity; three critical processes for promoting muscle protein synthesis and building muscle mass.
Now bodybuilder’s wanting to maximize the gains from their workouts must clearly understand the VITAL POINT being made here; one extremely intense set performed to total muscular failure will give much greater muscle gains than 3-4 sets performed at 1/2 intensity.
Example-If you normally squat 350 for say 4 set’s of 6-8 reps,try doing 1 set of full squat’s with say 200-225 pounds for 20-30 reps (till COMPLETE muscular failure).
With this in mind, an effective mass building routine might look something like this:
1) Full Squats – 15-20 reps
2) Pullovers – 10 reps
3) Standing Presses – 10 reps
4) Chins – 10 reps
5) Dips – 12 reps
6) Barbell Curls – 10 reps
7) Shrugs – 15 reps
8) Stiff-Legged Deadlift’s – 15 reps
Each set is to be performed to complete muscular failure (ALWAYS with spotters of course), and 48-72 hours rest between workouts is crucial!
- Muscle Building | Hardgainers Secret To Building Huge Muscles Drug Free Sometimes we feel gaining muscle is so much tougher than...
- Muscle Building | Muscle Mass Training Program-how To Build Muscle Fast With Short Workouts If you are serious about building muscle, you should look...
- Muscle Building | How To Build Chest Muscles – 2 Simple Routines For Building Huge Pecs Fast There hasn’t been a bodybuilder alive who did not want...
- Muscle Building | How To Build Muscle Mass – 5 Best Tips For Building Huge Muscles Learning how to build muscle mass can be time consuming...
- Muscle Building | How To Build Huge Arms Fast! Keep in mind when reading this article,we are assuming...