Often as children we are taught that the more work we put into something, the more we receive in return. Therefore wouldn’t seem logical that the more time you put in at the gym, the more muscle we can build?
The answer is a big, resounding no!
- In bodybuilding, such conventional wisdom no longer applies…in fact,sometimes LESS =MORE!
- In fact one of the characteristics of a quality muscle building routine is that it will have you train no more than about 1 hour per session, no more than 3 days per week.
- You see when we breakdown our muscle tissue with training, we then rest, we eat, and we gain muscle, right?
- But it is crucial to remember that muscles cannot grow without proper recover time, and that means quality rest combined with good nutrition.
By following these 3 simple guidelines, you will quickly gain big muscle:
1) Do not train more than 3 days per week… If you are training with the proper intensity, 3 days per week is enough. Use the rest of the week and get plenty of quality rest and proper nutrition.
2) Your workouts should not exceed an hour… Less volume, more intensity! Enough said.
3) Do 1-3 sets for smaller muscle groups (calves, abs, shoulders, biceps, triceps) and 2-4 sets for large muscle groups (upper thighs, chest, back).
You want to perform the final set to muscular failure and be sure to add more weights and/or increase the reps every week. If you’re training consistently with full intensity, then further increasing either the frequency or duration of your workout will not only slow or stop your muscle and strength gains, but will probably result in injury before long.
- Muscle Building | Muscle Mass Training Program-how To Build Muscle Fast With Short Workouts If you are serious about building muscle, you should look...
- Muscle Building | How To Build Huge Arms Fast! Keep in mind when reading this article,we are assuming...
- Muscle Building | How To Build Chest Muscles – 2 Simple Routines For Building Huge Pecs Fast There hasn’t been a bodybuilder alive who did not want...
- Muscle Building | Best Muscle Building Tips-eating To Build Muscle Tell me if this sounds familiar….. You train 3-4...
- Muscle Building | How To Build Muscle Mass – 5 Best Tips For Building Huge Muscles Learning how to build muscle mass can be time consuming...