Performing high-rep squats alone releases more growth factors than many isolation exercises altogether in your body which contribute to overall muscle gain, which in turn makes the whole body more muscular. 20 rep squat routine is NOT for everyone and shouldn’t be performed if you have any trouble in your knees.
First it is vitally important that you learn the proper squat technique.
- Place a barbell on the upper portion of your back, not your neck!
- Take one step back and go for position. Keep your feet about shoulder width and point your toes just a little outward with your knees for better results.
- Keep your head up and back straight. Take a deep breath, hold it and start going down by bending your knees, until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Then press the weight back up to the start position and exhale as you stand up.
How to perfom 20 rep squats
If you already know the proper squat technique and have some experience with a regular squats then you’re ready to perform 20 rep squat routine. First, What would be the weight that allow you to perform 15 clean reps.
In this case you will try to reach at 20 reps with the same weight you could perforem 15 reps. How it’s possible to perform 20 rep squats with the same weight? By using a breathing squat technique.
Until you reach your 15 reps, now pause for a few seconds and take deep breaths, and then perform another repetition. You can either hold the weight up before each 5 reps, but depending on the body tolerance you can also rack the weight for a second or two.
Do the same for the rest of the repetitions until you’ve finished 20 reps. If done correctly, one set of breathing squat is all you’ll be able to tolerate, and all you will need.
You’ll be totally wasted after you’ve performed 20 rep squat routine, and will quickly see why this is the ultimate get big muscle fast routine.
Other exercises you may consider would be one pulling movement and one pushing movement, and two stretching movements. You are going to complete each workout three times a week, so do not push yourself to the limit except the squats that is the heart’n soul of the routine.
About the Author:
I have created a complete 6-week “20 rep squat routine”, one for intermediate level trainees and another for advanced lifters!
Click here to check out my full 20 rep squat routine from here and subscribe to my newsletter to get get FREE access to my complete diet guide to gain muscle!
- Muscle Building | Building Muscle With Half Reps On A Power Rack I recently talked about using controlled cheating to get a...
- Workout | How To Lose Fat Efficiently – Top 3 Body Weight Routine Exercises For Your Legs These is the first part of my top three body...
- Workout | Kettlebell Workout Routines By A Persnal Trainer Kettlebell workout routines can be beneficial if you are trying...
- Workout | The Most Effective Muscle Building Techniques When it comes to the proper muscle building techniques, the...
- Workout | 8 Week Workout Program For Women – The Best Women's Workout Routine To Build & Tone Muscle 8 Week Workout Program For Women A lot of women...